Moving Toward Project Venus
One Community considers itself a stepping stone to the visionary Venus Project/Project Venus, “a bold, new direction for humanity that entails nothing less than the total redesign of our culture” (www.thevenusproject.com). Requiring a fraction of the funding, but with goals no less grand, One Community is a workable model for demonstrating the successful infrastructure and open-source blueprints necessary to move this timely Project Venus and Zeitgeist cultural redesign forward.
One Community | Project Venus | Zeitgeist
Here is a list of areas One Community strongly resonates with The Venus Project on:
- Elimination of money & creating a resource based economy
- Sustainable sustainability living paradigm that eliminates traditional jobs
- Open source/free information sharing and global collaboration and transformation goals
- Efficiency of the model with a logical global sustainability view that embraces the evolution of technology
One Community in Support of Project Venus
Here are areas One Community sees itself supporting Project Venus in specifically:
- The Venus Project proposes a multi-trillion dollar revolution of our entire socio-political structure and we have created what we believe is the necessary stepping stone for engaging and motivating the mainstream to start taking the steps required to embrace the concepts The Venus Project / Project Venus proposes.
- We are creating home and city designs that are applicable now, duplicable by anyone, self-sustaining and environmentally conscientious. To build working versions of Jacque Fresco’s home and city building technology is going to take time, until then we are proposing a simpler approach that we are open source sharing with the world, for free, to jumpstart the movement.
- Creation from a place of possibility! Jacque’s vision is arguably the most forward-thinking and comprehensive vision ever conceived for creating a planet and living environment that truly works for everyone. One Community is doing everything we can to continue this legacy by creating from possibility versus fear and supporting others doing the same.
One Community as a stepping stone to Project Venus
So what do we feel justifies our statement that One Community is a stepping stone to the visionary Project Venus?
- We are setting ourselves up from day one to operate as a resource based economy.
- Our sustainability model is the kind of sovereignty Project Venus aims for through self-sufficiency of food, energy, shelter, and open source sharing.
- Consensus decision making, while not discussed as part of Project Venus, is implied when discussing their decision making input infrastructure and non-hierarchical power structure.
- We are also establishing ourselves specifically as an open-source hub of information to demonstrate higher consciousness participation in the human story – not because we have to, but because we want to and GET to!
- And most importantly the most beautiful and amazing part of Project Venus is the fact that it eliminates traditional models of work and frees the population to invest the majority of their time in more meaningful activities and living for The Highest Good of All. One Community’s social model does the same thing and is focused on specifically helping others to achieve this also. Our actual way of life our marketable and duplicable asset and inviting the world IN to help us and everyone else in the process of creating and spreading these ideas. This doesn’t mean those more traditional businesses won’t exist too (see: One Community Entrepreneurial Model), it just means they are not necessary.
Project Venus envisions a planet functioning for The Highest Good of All. Some would call this utopia, and we see no higher service than to help create this beautiful vision of the future. To function as a viable path to Project Venus, One Community’s goal is open source project-launch blueprinting and free-sharing everything needed for the building of self-replicating teacher/demonstration communities, villages, and cities all over the world to inspire people and teach them what is possible. We believe our success, just as Project Venus envisions, has the potential to create a new era of cooperation, collaboration, innovation, creativity, sustainability, and increased peace and happiness for all of humanity.
- Click here for our Ethosolution featuring details of Jacque’s designs and ideas
- Click here for One Community’s perspective on creating a utopian planet for The Highest Good of All
FREQUENTLY ANSWERED QUESTIONS
Q: Is One Community partnered with Project Venus and/or the Zeitgeist Movement?
While One Community sees itself as specifically purposed to support Project Venus and the Zeitgeist Movement, we are not partnered with either.
Q: Why aren’t you partnered with Project Venus?
We have talked with Roxanne (Jacque’s right-hand person) and she said that Project Venus is more focused on technology than we are and that they do not see our path to achieving our shared goals as being in enough alignment to warrant a partnership between our two organizations.
Q: Why aren’t you partnered with the Zeitgeist Movement?
As a movement, One Community feels we are partnered with the Zeitgeist Movement because we support many of their foundational values and goals. That said, we are not specifically affiliated with any chapter of Zeitgeist because our focus is on creating open source blueprints for self-replicating teacher/demonstration communities, villages, and cities and not activism. We whole heartedly support activism but we are specifically choosing not to be activists because of our support for thought and approach diversity and our commitment to what Buckminster Fuller so beautifully said: “In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete. That, in essence, is the higher service to which we are all being called.”
Q: What do you think distinguishes One Community from Project Venus?
- 501(c)3 Non-profit
- Open source leadership
- Whole-scale duplicability*
- 4-tiered economic strategy
- Global scalability/adaptability
- All ages new-paradigm education program
- Pragmatic design and implementation strategy**
- Inviting others to participate with options so anyone can help
- Blog documenting ongoing progress, including weekly update videos
- Implementable within current socio-economic and political structures***
- Non-ideological and non-dogmatic approach conducive to mainstream acceptance
*Our designs are modifiable and duplicable, in whole or parts, by average individuals or groups, with options and adaptations for almost all budgets and locations.
**Our pragmatic approach is directed towards mainstream appeal and current-world implementation.
***We are inspiring change while operating within and alongside the current systems because we see this as an essential component of change and the fastest and easiest way to speed implementation and duplication.