Living in Integrity & The Six Human Needs
We have come to a point in our history where we have the opportunity to create a place we can choose to live in integrity with every moment; choosing harmony with ourselves, our circle of friends and family, and our planet as a demonstration of living for The Highest Good of All. The best part is, we can also do this in a way that specifically fulfills our human needs and allows us to live lives that are rich, vibrant, and meaningful. This page is about living in integrity with ourselves by meeting our human needs ethically and ecologically.
LIVING IN INTEGRITY WITH YOU
A broad diversity of methods were studied for evaluating human needs and the creation of the One Community concept of Highest Good Society and creating a duplicable fulfilled living model. The model utilized and taught by Tony Robbins is one of the most popular and well-recognized methods that we feel best represents the foundations of One Community and what we are creating. In our opinion, creating the most fulfilling and enriching living environment possible, built on and integrated with sustainability, is essential to spreading sustainability globally and our goals as a teacher/demonstration prototype. With this in mind, One Community as a model designed to engage and enroll public participation has been created with each of the following six needs identified by Tony’s system as foundational: Certainty/Comfort, Variety, Significance, Connection/Love, Growth, and Contribution.
THE SIX HUMAN NEEDS ONE COMMUNITY IS DESIGNED FOR
1. Certainty/Comfort. Most people will agree that we all want comfort and that much of this comfort comes from certainty. Of course we understand that there is no absolute certainty, but we feel people want to know that the basics of food and shelter will always be there for them and their family. We also believe people want to know the path they are choosing will meet their emotional comfort needs too. One Community’s infrastructure of self-sustainability and an enriching social architecture are specifically designed with these things in mind.
2. Variety. At the same time people want certainty, people also crave variety. Paradoxically, it seems people are happiest when there is enough UNcertainty to provide spice and adventure in their lives. We believe people want a variety of activities to participate in, a variety of people and perspectives to surround themselves with, and a variety of challenging goals. One Community is designed to offer these things as part of our vision and mission for world change and teacher/demonstration alternative to the current paradigm. Our commitment to diversity, social architecture, non-denominational spirituality, people being themselves, and a business foundation built on inviting the world to participate are all aspects we consider foundational to supporting the human need for variety.
3. Significance. Deep down, everyone desires some level of importance. It is our beliefe that most people want even more than just a feeling of importance, we feel that deep down most people really want their life to have profound meaning and, if given the opportunity, globally transformative impact. In support of the human need for significane and our global mission, One Community is a team creating something of global importance, committed to consensus training and phasing in full consensus decision making, and a community contribution model that leverages and recognizes the strengths and importance of every individual to living and creating for The Highest Good of All.
4. Connection/Love. It would be hard to argue against the need and desire for love. Community in general is usually more supportive of meeting the human need for love than not having Community. Additionally, One Community specifically supports deeper connection, and building and supporting meaningful relationships, through the One Community Pledge, our conflict resolution process, our commitment to thinking and creating for The Highest Good of All, Love and Connection as one of our foundational values, and our commitment to living lives of non-judgment and allowing people to be themselves.
“It is like falling in love. When they enter community, people in a very real sense do fall in love with one another en masse. They not only feel like touching and hugging each other, they feel like hugging everyone all at once. During the highest moments the energy level is supernatural. It is ecstatic.” ~ M. Scott Peck
5. Growth. Growth is second only to connection and love for most people. For the majority of humanity, most of us would agree that it is essential to feeling good about themselves and where they are going in life. At One Community we see growth as a foundation of our unique culture and cultivate it through our commitment to on-going education availability for all ages, our social architecture, classes, group activities and teamwork approach to community contribution. By doing this, we maintain an environment of variety and participation in ever evolving and changing activities that keep us individually stimulated and growing as a Community.
6. Contribution. We feel the desire to contribute something of value—to help others, to make the world a better place than we found it is in all of us. This is what One Community is… a prototype for global change starting by being the change we wish to see in the world expressed both individually and as a Community. As a Community model almost our entire existence is about contribution.
We believe the fastest way for our comprehensive sustainability model to become mainstream and spread globally is for it to specifically meet human needs in a way that creates appeal beyond just eco-living. Building a sustainable environment that is superior to a traditional living environment in meeting these needs is not just possible with the One Community model, it is foundational to our idea of comprehensive sustainability, creating global engagement and implementation, functioning as a teacher/demonstration model, and living for The Highest Good of All.